This dosa is one of our most popular! The combination of chickpea, almond, and brown rice provides a slightly nutty and sweet flavor that goes well with every dish we have paired it with. Like our Buckwheat dosa, it’s heathy alternative to sandwich bread and great for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The Mediterranean dosa pictured above is filled with tabouli, hummus, and tzatziki, and is delicious!
Note: This recipe requires the batter to rest for at least 4 hours to allow the flours and water to combine. We prepare this and let it rest overnight so it’s ready to use the next day. After you have let it rest, place in the fridge and use within 2-3 days.
Ingredients to make 4-5 dosas
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 cup water plus addtional 1/2 cup water to add before making dosa
- 1/8 tsp – 1/4 tsp salt (to taste)
- Whisk all ingredients until you have a smooth batter. Cover and let rest at room temperature for at least 4 hours (we let it rest overnight).
- Add 1/2 cup and mix well. Note: This batter will be very thin. Make sure to mix well before pouring each dosa.
- Set the DosaMaker on temperature setting #1.
- Add a light coating of oil to the top and bottom cooking plates. Pour 3-3.5 oz of batter into the DosaMaker and close.
- Cook for 2.5 minutes.Open to check the dosa and if desired, cook additional 30 seconds to 1 minute.