If you’re a health nut, this mung bean dosa is for you! Mung beans are tiny green legumes typically found in Asian (especially Indian) cuisines. Did you know that one cup of raw, un-sprouted mung beans contain almost 50 grams of protein? It’s perfect for a post-workout meal!
You can use this dosa as a wrap if you use temperature setting #2, or make a healthy, guilt-free chip on temperature setting #3. This mung bean dosa is super flavorful on it’s own or with a savory filling.
- 2 cup mung beans (soaked for at least 5 hours and drained)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and cut in half)
- 3 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup water
- Blend all ingredients until you have a smooth batter. For a thinner dosa add 1 to 3 tablespoons of water to the batter. Note: The batter will have some green mung bean shell that may not blend completely. This is ok as long as the bean itself is blended completely.
- Set the DosaMaker on temperature setting #2.
- Add a light coating of oil to the top and bottom cooking plates. Pour 3-3.5 oz of batter into the DosaMaker and close.
- Cook 2.5 minutes.Open to check the dosa and if desired, cook additional 30 seconds to 1 minute. For a crispier chip-like dosa, use temperature setting #3.