We’re always looking for ways to get veggies into our diet and this spinach edamame dosa is a great way to do that. We added soy sauce and sesame seeds to give it an asian twist and love pairing this with sautéed mushrooms (or chicken for our non-veg friends). You will find our recipe for this filling after the dosa recipe!
Not looking for a full meal and just want a snack? Cook the dosa for an extra 30 seconds and you have some flavorful spinach dosa chips! Perfect for munching on while you’re on the go!
- 1/2 cup spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup edamame
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- Blend all ingredients until you have a smooth batter. For a thinner dosa add 1 to 3 tablespoons of water to the batter.
- Set the DosaMaker on temperature setting #2.
- Add a light coating of oil to the top and bottom cooking plates. Pour between 3.5oz and 4oz of batter into the DosaMaker and close.
- Cook 2 minutes. Open to check the dosa and if desired, cook additional 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Sautéed Mushroom Filling
- 1 8oz package of mushrooms, sliced. For non-vegetarians, you can substitute the mushrooms with thinly sliced chicken or use a mix of half mushrooms and half chicken.
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 tbps minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seed
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp red chili flakes (optional)
- Sriracha sauce
- plain yogurt
- fresh chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- In a medium pan, add 1 tbsp of oil and place on medium heat.
- Sautee onions, garlic, and sesame seeds until the onions turn clear. Stir frequently and make sure you don’t burn the garlic.
- Add mushrooms, soy sauce, and red chili flakes. Sautee until mushrooms are cooked.
- Fill dosas and drizzle with Sriracha sauce and yogurt. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.